This week I continued to iterate on my mozNotifier component. David, suggested we avoid hard-coding selectors. And make our component future-proof by adding a few options.
At MDN, we have switched to the new analytics.js. And we have a lof of custom events to improve the user experience. I wanted to play with analytics, so I picked on an issue to add analytics for YouTube videos. This was tricky, since we use iFrames for embedding most of our YouTube videos. I used the YouTube iFrame API, to get track video events. The PR is still in review and might require some work. Right now, I am tracking the following events
- YouTube Video load
- Playback Quality
- Play / Paused / Buffering / Finished state
- And every 10% increements of video completion
I also worked on another PR, to fix the wiki save buttons overlapping the form fields. The issue appeared to be only in Chrome and Safari. I plan to iterate on this and make the save buttons sticky, so that writers don’t have to scroll up after making comments to wiki edit page.